Friday, December 10, 2010

Thoughts # 2

Matthew 9:27-30 " As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed him, calling out, “Have mercy on us, Son of David!”
  When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?”
   “Yes, Lord,” they replied. 29 Then he touched their eyes and said, “According to your faith let it be done to you”; 30 and their sight was restored. Jesus warned them sternly, “See that no one knows about this.”

As this verse was read to us the other morning in Mass, it occur to me that I was one of the blind men that scripture is talking about. Although I am not physically blind I was  spiritually blind, I have cried out to Jesus many times in my early years but my faith was weak, Jesus wants us to have strong Faith like these two men "Have mercy on us, son of David". He wants us to call out to him from our hearts and really ask for his help, and he will ask "do you believe I can do this" with the Faith like these two blind men, you to will say "Yes, Lord I believe! Then you wiil hear him speak to you and say " According to your faith let it be done to you" and just think about it, almost the say words that Mary told the angel Gabriel "Let it be done to me accoring to thy word" (LK 1:38) Let Jesus touch you and restored your lives and unlike the two blind men, Jesus wants you to tell everyone what he  did for you!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment